Conflict situations and emotional temperament -team simulation
Playing your way to a closer team
Do you want to build and strengthen psychological safety
Research shows that psychological safety is a team’s most critical success factor. How is psychological safety promoted in practice in your team? Could the atmosphere in your team be more open and constructive? Do ideas go unshared? Do people dare to take risks in their interactions? How could anyone possibly tackle all this in a concrete way? How do you create space and places for people to meet and be heard? It all starts with knowing yourself and your colleagues better.
Conflict situations and emotional temperament team simulation
Elicit open discussion quickly
Something that has proved both a useful and fun way of stimulating open discussion in a team is the Conflict situations and emotional temperament team simulation. The simulation places the team in an imaginary situation, away from the work context. In the heat of the game, the team learns about each other and about how their teammates experience different situations. The game helps people understand how the team members see each other and if this view differs from their own ideas. This fun way to address these issues naturally creates openness and trust in the team.
Why use simulation?
- A simulation session of just 2–4 hours consolidates the team.
- The simulation makes people aware of their assumptions and instantly stimulates meaningful discussions.
- The fun of the simulation loosens the atmosphere and builds trust.
- The simulation encourages the team to reflect together how different approaches to various situations in the game serve the team and how the team benefits from the differing approaches.
- The simulation triggers discussions on roles in the team.
- The kind of open discussion that the game easily leads to is a valuable basis for developing the team, including later on (the results are available as a report).
How can I start using the game tool?
The Conflict situations and emotional temperament team simulation is never played without a facilitator, but always together with a certified WorkPlace Big Five Profile™ consultant.
The same coach provides you with the team simulations. Easy!
You can either:
- Get a WorkPlace Big Five Profile™ certificate and participate in our advanced “Conflict Situations and Emotional Temperament” training session. You will then be able to use the game tool independently, OR
- Find a Conflict Situations and Emotional Temperament partner for you through us: contact information for certified consultants
Start improving the everyday teamwork with playing!
A fun way to view everyone’s natural ways to react and behave
The WorkPlace Big Five Profile™ personality profiling tool shows our trait combinations that mean certain natural ways to react and behave. With the new Conflict situations and emotional temperament game tool, their relevance becomes visible in a team in a fun, easy way. Conflict situations and emotional temperament -team simulation game tool was created in collaboration with SmoothTeam.
Your company owns a summe cottage that is rented for the staff. However, the winds of change are blowing. This is a story of your collective efforts. The exercise consists of nine situations. In each situation, choose who in your group would be the most natural person to react in the manner described. Each situation is followed by a facilitated discussion during which the participants explain the reasons behind the solutions, give and receive feedback and hear others’ views.